Russell Area Technology Center - "The BEST place to be!"
Join our RussellATC Remind: @russelltec
Virtual Students are welcome to come in for Lab/Shop days on Tuesday's and Thursday's during your assigned class period. You are not required to come both days or during all assigned periods. If you can only come one period on one day, that will be fine. We just want to give our Welding, Electricity, CAD, & Pre-Nursing students a chance for hands-on practice and skills preparation. Call 606-836-1256, if you have any questions.
Dual Credit - Dual credit is starting in January at the RATC!!! ACTC is ready now for students to enroll for the Spring semester. Please read and follow directions in this letter to enroll as a student with ACTC and register for your Dual Credit Course(s).
You cannot apply for the Work Ready Scholarship yet. We have to enroll students in our courses and do an upload to KHEAA before students can apply for Work Ready. I will work with our High Schools to get this accomplished. I will send out a Remind message, Tweet, and change this website when you can apply for Work Ready Scholarship. Sorry for the inconvenience & waiting game. I appreciate your patience!
Please email Mrs. Thompson ASAP to let her know that your student is interested in taking a dual credit class. If you have questions, please call us at 606-836-1256.
Healthy@School - Reopening Plan for RussellATC
Mrs.Thompson’s LIVE UPDATE
Watch this video tour of the RATC!!!
Students, faculty/staff, and visitors will follow the Healthy @ School guidelines, which are as follows:
- Faculty/staff, students, and all visitors must wear a mask at all times. Masks must cover wearer’s nose and mouth completely.
- Temperatures will be checked upon arrival for all faculty/staff, students and visitors. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be allowed to stay at school. Students with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will be placed in our isolation room (kitchen or copy room) and Nurse Jenny Bates will be contacted for further consultation. Student’s parents will be contact to pick up student ASAP.
- Hand sanitizer is available in all classrooms, hallways, restroom areas, and front office of the school. Students will be encouraged to use it upon entry and exit of classrooms and our building.
- Do NOT consume hand sanitizer. It is poisonous.
- When our school is in session with in-person instruction occurring, parents and students will have the option of attending school in-person or virtually. Virtual students will be allowed to come to the RATC to their scheduled class to practice skills and meet with their teacher. Teachers will create a schedule for virtual students to follow for coming into our building.
- Below are some pictures from our building. WE are ready for our students! Thank you, Mr. Roy, for placing all of our floor stickers and signs throughout the building! Can't wait for our students' return!!!
The State Enrollment Forms Packet for all 20-21 RATC students must be completed and returned to the RATC. If you have not already completed and returned these forms to the RATC, please do so as quickly as possible. Please click this link to the enrollment forms packet for your convenience.
Students: Are you struggling to login to EDMODO? Don't despair! Watch this quick video from Mrs. Phipps showing you how! Thanks so much, Mrs. Phipps!!!
Email: Please check your school email account. The link to your school email can be found on your high school's webpage under the "Student" drop-down menu. Teachers will be communicating with you through your school email.
Visit our "Building Teachers & Departments" link above to watch your teacher's Introduction/Welcome Video. This is the place for you to view our Program Courses, Industry Certification/End of Program Testing, as well as meet your teacher virtually!
The vision of the Kentucky Board of Education is that each and every student is empowered and equipped with the knowledge, skills and dispositions to pursue a successful future. Students moving to the next educational level or graduating from high school should be prepared to succeed in the next stage in their lives.
Kentucky’s new accountability system supports this vision. One focus of the new accountability system is the development of students who are well-rounded, transition-ready, and prepared with knowledge, skills and essential dispositions to succeed in the next educational setting or career pathway. Students ready for the next level are transition ready. Transition readiness is just one of six indicators in the new system that will be included at the high school levels.
Russell Independent Schools' Mission Statement:
Our mission is to inspire and empower all
students to reach their maximum potential:
one student, one lesson, one day at a time.
KY TECH Russell Area Technology Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, or marital status in admission to career and technical education programs and/or activities, or employment practices in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 Revised 1992, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The programs offered at the Russell Area Technology Center include:
- Business & Marketing
- Computer-Aided Drafting and Design
- Computer Science
- Health Science
For more information contact:
Stacey Thompson, Principal
Russell Area Technology Center
705 Red Devil Lane, Russell, KY 41169