Russell Area Technology Center...
"It's Happening NOW! You DON'T want to miss this!"
Join our RussellATC Remind: @russelltec
We are so excited to have our students back in person starting January 11th!!!
Fairview's Small Group Schedule:
Our students will come to the RATC on Tuesday's & Thursday's.
Raceland's Small Group Schedule:
Our students will come to the RATC on Monday's & Tuesday's.
Russell's Small Group Schedule:
Students with last name A-K on Monday's & Tuesday's
All students virtual on Wednesday's
Students with last name L-Z on Thursday's and Friday's
Watch the video below made by Mrs. Thompson to explain how we will be re-opening the week of January 11th! Can't wait to see you!!!!
Students & Parents: Check out this cool video about Career and Technical Education (CTE)! It is just under 3 minutes long, but it explains how valuable joining our CTE pathways can be for your student!!! The future is NOW!!!
Dual Credit Announcement for Students (taking Dual Credit) at RussellATC:
The last day to withdraw/drop a dual credit course is Friday, January 22nd. In order to withdraw or drop a dual credit course, please send Mrs. Thompson an email from your high school student email stating you want to drop/withdraw from the dual credit course. After this Friday, if you drop, you will have a "W" on your college transcript and you may be responsible for paying a fee to Ashland Community and Technical College. If you have questions, please call 606-836-1256. Thanks!
It time to apply for your Work Ready Scholarship(s)!!!!
KHEAA has provided a tutorial set of directions on how to apply for our Work Ready Scholarships. This is a VERY helpful document as it walks you through the application process by showing all the screens with arrows pointing to the links for you to apply. Please take a moment and look through this document before beginning the process.
KHEAA Work Ready Scholarship Tutorial
You can apply NOW for the Work Ready Scholarship(s). Every Sophomore, Junior, & Senior gets two (2) Work Ready Scholarships to use on Technical Courses every year! This means a Sophomore could earn dual credit for up to 6 technical course for FREE by the time they graduate! This is a HUGE gift!!!
To apply, please go to the KHEAA website:
Steps to apply for Work Ready Scholarships:
1. If you do not have a KHEAA Account setup already, please create a user account by clicking the "Sign In" Button and choosing "register" link.
2. Once you have a KHEAA account, you can login. Look at the top link choice "MyKHEAA - View Account Information" and click on this link.
3. On the next page, there should be a couple of links that say: "Dual Credit Scholarship" & "Work Ready Scholarship". Click on the link for "Work Ready Scholarship".
4. The next screen is your application. Make sure to choose the following options when applying for Work Ready:
- # of Work Ready Scholarships?: Choose how many Work Ready Scholarships you are using. You get two for this year. If you are taking two dual credit courses, please select you want to use two. If you are only taking one dual credit course, please choose one.
- College?: Choose "Ashland Community & Technical College" as the College to receive your scholarship. We only offer dual credit through ACTC.
- Semester?: Choose the semester you want to use them. Please choose "Spring" semester. Our courses do not start until January, so they are Spring courses.
- If you have questions, please call us at 606-836-1256 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are taking more than 2 dual credit courses and you are a Junior or Senior, who has not used a Dual Credit Scholarship, you can apply for a Dual Credit Scholarship as well to cover the cost of your 3rd dual credit course. Every Junior & Senior gets two Dual Credit Scholarships total to use during their Junior or Senior year. You apply for Dual Credit Scholarships using your same KHEAA account as Work Ready & following the same steps. Dual Credit Scholarship is separate and different than Work Ready Scholarships. If you have questions, please call 606-836-1256 or email email@example.com.
Dual Credit Courses through Ashland Community & Technical College
Mrs. Wilburn has developed excellent directions for her students to use to navigate the enrollment, orientation, and registration process for Dual Credit: Personal Finance. Thanks, Mrs. Wilburn! Click here for more.
Dual Credit - If you have not enrolled with ACTC as a student for dual credit, please use the link below to do so. Dual credit is starting in January at the RATC!!! Please read and follow directions in this letter to enroll as a student with ACTC and register for your Dual Credit Course(s). On ACTC's Hub page, Ms. Vicki McGinnis has provided short video tutorials to help you. Please make sure you go through the entire orientation process on this site to be fully enrolled. Please visit this site to enroll with ACTC today:
Virtual Students are Welcome - Tuesday's & Thursday's
Unless our county is RED, Virtual Students are welcome to come in for Lab/Shop days on Tuesday's and Thursday's during your assigned class period. You are not required to come both days or during all assigned periods. If you can only come one period on one day, that will be fine. We just want to give our Welding, Electricity, CAD, & Pre-Nursing students a chance for hands-on practice and skills preparation. When we are in-person and have Virtual Wednesday's for all students, virtual students can schedule a time to work with their teacher in-person. If our county is RED, teachers will communicate with students to create a small group schedule for students to come in and work. This is not required, but is optional. Call 606-836-1256, if you have any questions or to schedule an appointment.
KDE's Guide for Digital Learning
KDE has put out a Parent and Family Digital Learning Guide. It provides great information and resources to help your student navigate this virtual learning time. Visit the website below to access this Digital Learning Guide:
RATC's COVID Healthy@School Information
Healthy@School - Reopening Plan for RussellATC
Mrs.Thompson’s LIVE UPDATE
Watch this video tour of the RATC!!!
Students, faculty/staff, and visitors will follow the Healthy @ School guidelines, which are as follows:
- Faculty/staff, students, and all visitors must wear a mask at all times. Masks must cover wearer’s nose and mouth completely.
- Temperatures will be checked upon arrival for all faculty/staff, students and visitors. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be allowed to stay at school. Students with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will be placed in our isolation room (kitchen or copy room) and Nurse Jenny Bates will be contacted for further consultation. Student’s parents will be contact to pick up student ASAP.
- Hand sanitizer is available in all classrooms, hallways, restroom areas, and front office of the school. Students will be encouraged to use it upon entry and exit of classrooms and our building.
- Do NOT consume hand sanitizer. It is poisonous.
- When our school is in session with in-person instruction occurring, parents and students will have the option of attending school in-person or virtually. Virtual students will be allowed to come to the RATC to their scheduled class to practice skills and meet with their teacher. Teachers will create a schedule for virtual students to follow for coming into our building.
- Below are some pictures from our building. WE are ready for our students! Thank you, Mr. Roy, for placing all of our floor stickers and signs throughout the building! Can't wait for our students' return!!!
Required Enrollment Forms for the State
The State Enrollment Forms Packet for all 20-21 RATC students must be completed and returned to the RATC. If you have not already completed and returned these forms to the RATC, please do so as quickly as possible. Please click this link to the enrollment forms packet for your convenience.
Edmodo - RATC's Online Learning Platform
Students: Are you struggling to login to EDMODO? Don't despair! Watch this quick video from Mrs. Phipps showing you how! Thanks so much, Mrs. Phipps!!!
Please use the Edmodo website and NOT the app.
Please call (606-836-1256) if you are having any issues logging or submitting assignments.
Email: Please check your school email account. The link to your school email can be found on your high school's webpage under the "Student" drop-down menu. Teachers will be communicating with you through your school email.
Meet RATC's FABULOUS Teachers
Visit our "Building Teachers & Departments" link above to watch your teacher's Introduction/Welcome Video. This is the place for you to view our Program Courses, Industry Certification/End of Program Testing, as well as meet your teacher virtually!
Kentucky Tech's Vision & Mission
The vision of the Kentucky Board of Education is that each and every student is empowered and equipped with the knowledge, skills and dispositions to pursue a successful future. Students moving to the next educational level or graduating from high school should be prepared to succeed in the next stage in their lives.
Kentucky’s new accountability system supports this vision. One focus of the new accountability system is the development of students who are well-rounded, transition-ready, and prepared with knowledge, skills and essential dispositions to succeed in the next educational setting or career pathway. Students ready for the next level are transition ready. Transition readiness is just one of six indicators in the new system that will be included at the high school levels.
Russell Independent Schools' Mission Statement:
Our mission is to inspire and empower all
students to reach their maximum potential:
one student, one lesson, one day at a time.
2020 Non-Discrimination Notice
KY TECH Russell Area Technology Center does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, religion, or marital status in admission to career and technical education programs and/or activities, or employment practices in accordance with Title VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 Revised 1992, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The programs offered at the Russell Area Technology Center include:
- Business & Marketing
- Computer-Aided Drafting and Design
- Computer Science
- Health Science
For more information contact:
Stacey Thompson, Principal
Russell Area Technology Center
705 Red Devil Lane, Russell, KY 41169