As we begin the new school year, the information below is concerning our Professional Development and Opening Days coming up the week of August 14th.
District PD: Monday, August 14th (Required PD for Certified Staff)
KASC will be providing our training this year. Our focus is on strategies to help us close the achievement gap. All employ ees will report to their respective buildings for trainings.
PD Schedule on August 14th
- 7:30 - 8:00 Breakfast and Sign In @ your building
- 8:00 -11:00 Reducing Novice Performance
- 11:00 - 12:30 Lunch on your own
- 12:30 - 3:30 Targeting the Disability Achievement Gap
On Tuesday, August 15th all employees will meet at Russell High School to kick off the year. We will follow the schedule below:
- 7:30 AM to 8:15 AM - Breakfast
- 8:15 AM to 9:30 AM - Beginning of year kickoff in the RHS gymnasium
- 9:30 AM to 9:45 AM - Van Training for those who need the certification
- 9:45 AM to 12:00 PM - Respective Schools to meet with Building Principals
- 2:00 PM-1:00 PM - Lunch (On your own)
- 1:00 PM - 3:15 PM - Respective Schools
Wednesday, August 16th - First day for students
We are looking forward to an exciting year and appreciate all that you do for our kids!
Don't hesitate to call Central Office if we can help you with anything! 606 - 836 - 9679